The Petco Partner Assistance Fund is here to help employees get through difficult situations that may happen from time to time. If you’re here and need help, we want to ensure that you have the information you need to effectively navigate the application process. Below you’ll find an overview of what is eligible for the program and a few FAQs that will help you apply.
We’re here to help. If you are in a difficult situation and need assistance, the first step is to determine if you qualify for assistance from the Petco Partner Assistance Fund. The first questions to ask are:
1) Am I an eligible/qualifying employee?
2) Do I have a qualifying event?
3) Are my expenses eligible?
Initial qualifiers are simple. Before we go through the detailed vetting process, let’s look at the questions below to find out if you may be eligible.
Am I an eligible/qualifying employee?
Petco Partners are eligible to apply for a grant if they are an active employee with Petco (including on: leave, short-term disability, or paid time off). Requested expenses must be the result of an event that has occurred after the partner’s hire date and include supporting documentation.
Contract employees, temporary/seasonal partners, interns, retirees and those on long-term disability are not eligible to apply or to receive assistance from the Fund.
Do I have a qualifying event?
There are two types of qualifying events:
1) Hardship Events; include:
- Short-term Illness
If you are requesting assistance with a Hardship Event, income guidelines may apply. Please review the income criteria here.
2) Disaster Events; these include:
- Presidentially declared disasters
- Accident on Common Carrier
- Terrorist/Military Action
- Any event to be determined by to be of catastrophic nature by the Secretary of State
- Natural Disasters
- House Fires
Are my expenses eligible?
Examples of eligible expenses include:
- Evacuation/quarantine expenses such as: food, clothing, hotel lodging, etc.
- Housing such as: repairs, rent/mortgage, temporary assistance, etc.
- Transportation expenses such as: mileage, repairs, car payment, etc.
- Insurance deductibles
- Household contents
- Medical/funeral expenses
- Counseling (if not covered under the employee’s benefits)
The event and expenses must have occurred after the applicant's hire date and within twelve months of the eligible event's occurrence. For short-term evacuation expenses related to a catastrophic disaster, an employee must submit the request for assistance within 45 days of the event’s occurrence.
What are ineligible expenses?
The following are examples of expenses that DO NOT qualify for assistance:
- Lost compensation due to reduced hours or missed time from work for the employee and/or their spouse/domestic partner
- Legal fees, garnishments or expenses associated with divorce or custody cases such as loss of Alimony
- Credit card or personal loan debt
- Elective medical procedures, expenses or denied health insurance claims
- Insurance premiums or items covered by insurance policies
- Routine automobile/home repair or those due to deferred maintenance
Can Partners affected by COVID-19 receive assistance from this Fund?
Partners who have been affected by COVID-19 by increased expenses due to quarantine, increased childcare costs, or other related expenses may be eligible to receive a grant from this Fund.
Do I have to repay the grants?
No. Grants provided through the Fund are not loans and do not have to be repaid.
What types of expenses can this money be used for?
Grants can be used for short-term evacuation/quarantine expenses such as food, clothing, and travel. As well as for long-term recovery expenses like utilities, transportation, medical, and insurance.
Who administers this Fund?
The Petco Partner Assistance Fund is managed by E4E, a 3rd party administrator.
Who can I contact with additional questions?
If you have additional questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Step 1. Click the “apply” button. Create an online account or log in (if you have already created an account) to access the application page. Complete the application with the requested information.
Step 2. Submit your application. Complete the requested information and upload the required supporting document and submit for review.
Step 3. Breathe easier. A grant specialist will review your application and contact you if more information is required.
What Happens Next?
Once your application is received you will receive a confirmation notification. If additional information is necessary you will receive an email outlining what documentation is needed. Upon receipt of all supporting documentation a grant specialist will review and make a decision regarding your request. If approved, a grant distribution will be made based on the payment preference selected in the application. Check back daily to see the progress of your application as it moves through the review process.